Forum North East
Get started in CU Leadership with Christian Union leaders from across the North East region.
Be trained, equipped and released for student mission
From the morning and evening celebrations, to a host of role specific seminars, our team of experienced UCCF Christian Union Staff Workers will ensure that you have everything you need to carry out your CU leadership responsibilities for the coming year.
Share ideas and be supported
Forum North East gives you the opportunity to meet with CU leaders from across the region so you can share ideas, pray for student mission and stand with one another as you lead your Christian Union this year.
Who’s it for?
Are you on the CU Executive Committee? There are a number of training sessions specifically to train and envision you as an exec, to work together as a team. These will include specific skills training designed to make every member of your team more effective in motivating your CUs for mission, from within their role. So whatever your leadership role on or off exec, we will help you get off to the best start, as you begin to think how you can serve and lead your CU.
Small Group Leaders
The UCCF team will put on specialist CU small group leaders’ training seminars for those involved with leading small, hall, cell or college groups. You will be trained in how to lead your group humbly, faithfully and with a missional focus.
Other Leadership Roles
If you are working with international students, part of the mission or events week planning team or are involved with any other type of CU leadership role, Forum North East gives you the opportunity to be inspired, encouraged and equipped for your role.
If you are part of a small CU, you are likely to be helping lead it even if you’re not officially a leader. Bring along the group from your CU and we will help you think through how to apply a cutting edge small CU mission strategy.
If you’re a College Rep at Durham or York, there’s a special track for you, helping you to make the most of the unique opportunities for making Jesus known in college.
Our speaker will be Dave Gobbett.
The event runs from 6pm on Friday 8 March until 2pm on Sunday 10 March.
Manor Church CofE Academy
Millfield Lane, Nether Poppleton
York, YO26 6PA
The school is based on Millfield Lane, just off York’s outer ring road (A1237). There is plenty of parking on site.
For those catching the train, please come to Poppleton station. If you let your Staff Worker know when you’re due in, we’ll ensure you get a lift from there.
What to bring:
- Bible, notebook and pen
- Sleeping bag, pillow and roll mat
- Money to buy books
The cost of the event is £37.
Reserve your place with a £20 deposit before 1 March.
Bookings close on Friday 1 March.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Christian Union Staff Worker or Ed Preston.
- If you would like to apply for a refund, please note that they are given at the discretion of UCCF and are not issued automatically. We consider refunds in the event of an unexpected university event or personal health issue, which prevents you from attending.
- Request for refund should be sent to your UCCF Regional Team Leader with a letter of explanation from your university or doctor.
- All refunds will be subject to a £10 administration charge.
- No refunds for a refund will be considered once the Regional Forum event has finished at 2pm Sunday.
- Should you fail to provide your bank details by 31 March 2019, then regrettably we will be unable to consider any refunds and so your refund will not be processed.
- But we hope we’ll see you there!