Get started in CU Leadership with Christian Union leaders from across Wales.
Be trained, equipped and released for student mission
From the morning and evening celebrations, to a host of role specific seminars, our team of UCCF Christian Union Staff Workers will ensure that you have everything you need to carry out your CU leadership responsibilities for the coming year.
Share ideas and be supported
Forum Wales gives you the opportunity to meet with CU leaders from across the region so you can share ideas, pray for student mission and stand with one another as you lead your Christian Union this year.
Who’s it for?
Are you on the CU Executive Committee? There are a number of training sessions specifically to train and envision you as an exec, to work together as a team. These will include specific skills training designed to make every member of your team more effective in motivating your CUs for mission, from within their role. So whatever your leadership role on or off exec, we will help you get off to the best start, as you begin to think how you can serve and lead your CU.
Small Group Leaders
The UCCF team will put on specialist CU small group leaders’ training seminars for those involved with leading small, hall, cell or college groups. You will be trained in how to lead your group humbly, faithfully and with a missional focus.
Other Leadership Roles
If you are working with international students, part of the mission or events week planning team or are involved with any other type of CU leadership role, Forum Walesgives you the opportunity to be inspired, encouraged and equipped for your role.
If you are part of a small CU, you are likely to be helping lead it even if you’re not officially a leader. Bring along the group from your CU and we will help you think through how to apply a cutting edge small CU mission strategy.
If you’re a Hall Group or Connect Group Leader at Aberystwyth, Bangor, Cardiff or Swansea then there’s a special track for you, helping you to make the most of the unique opportunities for making Jesus known.
This year we have four of the best of Wales joining us; Owen Cottom, Lewis Roderick, Dave Gobbett and Pete Harris.
The event runs from 1 – 3 March 2019.
Registration is from 6pm on Friday 1 March. Departure is after lunch and pack up on Sunday 3 March.
What to bring:
- Bible, notebook and pen
- Bed sheets (you can hire them at the venue if you forget)
- Money to buy books
The total cost of the weekend is £68.
Reserve your place with a £20 deposit before 31 January.
Bookings close at midnight on Thursday 21 February.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Christian Union Staff Worker.
- If you would like to apply for a refund, please note that they are given at the discretion of UCCF and are not issued automatically. We consider refunds in the event of an unexpected university event or personal health issue, which prevents you from attending.
- Request for refund should be sent to your UCCF Regional Team Leader with a letter of explanation from your university or doctor.
- All refunds will be subject to a £10 administration charge.
- No refunds for a refund will be considered once the Regional Forum event has finished at 2pm Sunday.
- Should you fail to provide your bank details by 31 March 2019, then regrettably we will be unable to consider any refunds and so your refund will not be processed.
- But we hope we’ll see you there!