Music Network at Word Alive
At Word Alive (13-18 April 2019) you can know the wonder of God speaking to you, changing and equipping you for all of life, while having time to relax and enjoy time together. It is a holiday away with your CU or Network but as part of the wider Church.
On offer at Word Alive 2019 are six UCCF Leadership Network tracks in Arts, Music, Science, Theology, Law and Politics. If you study any of these subjects and hope to go in to the field after you graduate, then a Word Alive LN track is a must for you! It will help you to think about how to engage with the big questions your subject raises for Christians and how to live as a faithful Christian, both now and in the future. You will have the opportunity to meet other likeminded people (both students and those working in your industry) and help you think about how you will transition into the working world.
Each day there will be a seminar specifically for you with the opportunity to receive teaching, ask questions and have discussions. On top of that, there are discussion groups each day where you meet as a smaller group to think about what you have heard, discuss it, share challenges and pray together. Each of the Networks looks slightly different but there will be opportunities for networking, mentoring and one-to-one discussion with leaders in your field.
Arts and Music students can attend Word Alive with their CU group or with the Network group. Please book with your CU group if you would like to come with them or fill in the online form to attend with the Network.
The cost of a place is £130 per person. Some discounts are available for Music or Arts students who would otherwise not be able to attend. Contact your staff worker for more information before booking.
The Small Print
- If you attend Word Alive with a bursary you are required to attend that Network track and the Network discussion groups. If you are coming with your CU they will have their own discussion groups.
- You can reserve a place with a £30 deposit. Deposits are non-refundable.
- If you would like to apply for a refund, please note that they are given at the discretion of UCCF and are not issued automatically. We consider refunds in the event of an unexpected university event or personal health issue, which prevents you from attending.
- Request for refund should be sent to the UCCF Leadership Network Co-ordinator with a letter of explanation from your university or doctor.
- All refunds will be subject to a £20 administration charge. Your deposit (if you paid one) can count towards this charge.
- No requests for a refund will be considered once the event has finished.
- But we hope we’ll see you there!