Northern Biblical Evangelism Conference
The Bible is great – but people don’t think so. It contains an amazing message – but people don’t want to hear it. It exposes the real truth about God and people – but our culture considers it to be totally irrelevant. How can we take the word God has given us to share, to the world God has given us to reach?
What’s it all about?
How can we take the word God has given us to share, to the world God has given us to reach? BEC aims to help bridge that gap; to train all of us for the work of evangelism and identify Christian evangelists who will make it their passion to communicate God’s never changing word to our generation. We’ll meet at the Jonas Centre in beautiful North Yorkshire, where good food, great company and a stimulating weekend are guaranteed!
Our speaker is Michael Ots. Michael is already well known to many of us and is a huge fan of CU mission. He is based in Bournemouth, but travels extensively all over the UK and Europe working as an evangelist in a huge variety of contexts. You may well have heard Michael deliver warm, engaging and challenging lunchbars or speak earnestly at CU mission evenings and carol services. We are in for a treat as he shares and trains from years of experience of CU mission.
What exactly happens at the conference?
In the main sessions Michael will help us think about convictions that are essential to using the Bible in evangelism. There will also be some time in small groups, led by UCCF staff, where each delegate will be asked to give an evangelistic presentation based on a short Bible passage. Delegates will be sent details of the passage they will be speaking about in advance. This should provide a positive and safe environment to try out your evangelistic message before heading out in the world to engage with people who aren’t Christians.
This conference is for you if:
- You are involved in trying to share the good news about Jesus with your campus.
- You want to learn how to explain your faith clearly and relevantly.
- You are interested in really getting to grips with the Bible.
- You want to develop your gifts in evangelism and communication.
- You are willing to learn from practical feedback.
6pm Friday 22 - 2pm Sunday 24 November
The Jonas Centre, Redmire, DL8 4EW Leyburn
The cost of the conference is £50.
The easiest way to travel to the Jonas centre is by car, as there is ample parking and stunning views along the way. Use the post code DL8 4EW in your satnav. If you can’t drive yourself speak to your staff worker or other students who are attending as you will very likely be able to arrange a lift with someone.
The nearest station is Darlington, but it is a fair distance away – so get a lift if you can. We are happy to pick you up from Darlington station (by prior arrangement through your staff worker) at 6pm on Friday night for a £10 surcharge.
The small print
- If you would like to apply for a refund, please note that they are given at the discretion of UCCF and are not issued automatically.
- We consider refunds in the event of an unexpected university event or personal health issue which prevents you from attending.
- Requests for refunds should be sent to Ed Preston or Adam Jones.
- Any deposit paid is non-refundable.
- All refunds will be subject to a £20 administration charge. Your deposit (if you paid one) can count towards this.
- No requests for a refund will be considered once the event has finished.
- Refunds will be made back to the card used for the original payment.